Community Manager – IT Professionals
Join us in Developer and Platform division, which focuses on promotion and adoption of Microsoft platform technologies and ensures a vibrant ecosystem of IT Professionals and Developers. This role is responsible for IT Professional community engagement including relationship management, technology coordination between Microsoft and IT operation professionals. The mission of Community Manager is to win the “hearts and minds” of IT Operation Professionals. This role is a customer facing combo role (marketing and technical), with the mission of engaging with IT Professionals and driving connections between the community and the Microsoft. He/she will need to be familiar with several audience marketing tactics, it is an advantage if she/he is familiar with Microsoft or competitive products (the Windows server platform, including the virtualization technologies, infrastructure and management tools like the System Center products, Forefront and Exchange).
• Execution of events
o transfer the main messages of Microsoft toward IT Professional audience via conferences and webcasts (30+ events/annually with straight concept);
o Organize community events for IT Professionals to make them connect with each other and help new user groups to evolve into real communities
• Community Management
o Help drive the overall IT Pro community and support strategy in Hungary, using new ways to connect IT Professionals and experts to help them to be successful in their day-to-day tasks;
o Manage TechNet Forum, the primary online support solution for the IT Professionals - fine-tune the Forum experience, escalate unanswered questions and identify the most active experts;
o Encourage and help the community and internal Microsoft employees to write their own blogs.
• Web/Online Marketing
o Develop and manage the editorial calendar of TechNet Portal (news articles, top stories, themes);
o Write news articles to TechNet Portal about Microsoft and community related topics in Hungarian.
• Internal & External Communication
o Maintain a close contact with our external experts and vendors;
o Organize relationship-building activities (dinners, trainings, workshops) with our internal and external experts.
• Has strong experiences in organizing and participating in community activities;
• Has experience in writing and translating technical articles;
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills;
• Familiar with community web solutions: blogs, forums, RSS, newsletters;
• Excellent skills in using Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook;
• Intermediate spoken and written English and strong Hungarian language skills;
• General IT, Microsoft and competitive product knowledge is an advantage;
• IT/Marketing degree is a plus.
• Working environment that is characterized by flexibility, an informal atmosphere, and a fast pace;
• Rich opportunities for using and developing your skills, taking responsibility and influencing our customers and partners;
• A colourful job with many possibilities and learning opportunities;
• Young and motivated team consisting of the best experts in Hungary;
• Large scale of opportunities for personal and professional growth;
• An attractive compensation portfolio that matches your responsibility.
If you feel, your experiences are meet our requirements and your character is similar that we are searching for, apply now via our e-recruitment system. A colleague of Microsoft will contact you, if your resume matches with the requirements. Only selected candidates will be contacted and interviewed! To apply please select Hungary from the country list, then select Community Manager – IT Professionals position, and follow the instructions.
This position is an internal agent position and employed by Manpower – a Microsoft HR solutions partner.