Morgan Stanley is a global financial services firm and a market leader in investment banking, securities, investment management and wealth management services. With more than 1,200 offices in 37 countries, the people of Morgan Stanley are dedicated to providing our clients the finest thinking, products and services to help them achieve even the most challenging goals.
The Unix Engineering Team is looking for a
UNIX (Aquilon) ENGINEER
For our Budapest Office
The UNIX Engineering team is responsible for designing and implementing Linux infrastructure for Morgan Stanley's distributed systems.
The group is involved in evaluation, certification, integration, and maintenance of various products, including hardware, Operating Systems such as Red Hat Linux and Solaris, system services (DNS, DHCP, NIS, etc.), filesystems (including AFS, NIFS and various cluster filesystems), virtualization technologies and a variety of in-house developed tools. The group is responsible for architecting systems that provide high-availability with very fast failover times, at low cost.
The role involves designing and implementing management solutions for a large-scale widely distributed installation of standalone servers, high-availability clusters and grids. The role will also involve troubleshooting problems escalated from experienced system administrators.
- Good understanding of UNIX system fundamentals.
- Strong programming skills (Perl, Python, shell), writing secure, testable, robust code.
- Experience with SQL and database programming.
- Experienced UNIX System Administrator (RedHat? Linux and/or Solaris preferred).
- Effective troubleshooting skills and practical experience with system programming (network/socket, IPC, threads).
- Good knowledge of network protocols.
- Working knowledge of Solaris and/or Linux kernels.
- Some knowledge of 'C' - enough experience to read source code and apply path fixes. Knowledge of SQL and database programming.
- Experience with clustering/high-availability architectures.
- Knowledge of virtualization technology.
- Knowledge, awareness and contributor to open source projects would be an ideal fit.
If you are interested in the above opportunity, please apply here
For more information, please visit our website: www.morganstanley.com/careers